Key Capabilities Used
- Network and Communications Operations and Management
- Facilities/Infrastructure Maintenance
- Network Defense/Security
- Full Lifecycle Network Management
- Information Assurance
Meeting the Ever Changing Mission for C4ISR System Operations and Support Around the World
The Fleet Systems Engineering Team was established by Chief of Naval Operations in 1999 to support the rapid introduction of increasingly complex C4ISR (Command, Control, Communication, Computer, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) systems. The primary functions of the team are to keep the networks up and running, optimize the networks to meet changing mission requirements and help ensure C4I end-to-end operability. Deployed on U.S. Navy ships supporting "keyboard to antenna," FSET serves as a distance support enabler, providing the Navy with a team of C4I subject matter experts and operating as an integral part of the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command's Fleet Readiness Directorate.
The Vectrus team provides SPAWAR with senior technical advisors and systems engineers that support Navy carrier strike groups and amphibious ready groups. They also provide technical C4I and systems engineering support services to Navy shore facilities, conduct on-site troubleshooting and maintenance assistance for problems that cross multiple C4I systems, act as distance support enablers, and other assignments, both afloat and ashore, as assigned.
C4ISR falls into the Vectrus Information Technology & Network Communication Services offering.
Information Technology & Network Communication Services
- Navy C4ISR systems, Navy global maritime CENTRIXS network, computer network defense, maritime domain awareness
Forward deployed system support: CENTRIXS, EHF, BMD, MDA, ONE-NET, BICES, Pegasus
- Permanently assigned to and deploy with 23 large decks/command ships and associated strike groups, 15 shore locations including 11 time zones, coalition partners/CENTRIX support worldwide, integrated into SPAWAR Fleet Readiness Directorate
- Distance support enablers for other Navy technical support organizations including SPAWAR Shipboard systems (CANES, ISNS, GCCS-M, SHF, EHF, NMT, ADNS, COMPOSE, DCGS-N, etc.)
- Technical Advisors/troubleshooters for Navy Fleet Network Operations Centers (NOCs) and RF Systems at Navy Telecommunications facilities (NCTAMS/NCTS)
- NOC Network and systems administration, ONE-NET Theater Network Operations and Security Centers Tier III Support, network engineering support for maintenance of systems architectures
- Information Assurance Initiatives, Firewalls, ACAS/HBSS, Virtual Secure Enclave, CSI Support
- Local Area Networks/Wide Area Networks management, OCONUS Piers
- ONE-NET In Service Engineering Agency design/production/Tier IV support
- Support Ballistic Missile Defense architecture/communications/networking
- Speed-to-Capability insertions such as Virtual Secure Enclave, Full Motion Video
- Humanitarian Assistance and other short notice operations underway support
- Provide support for systems supporting MOCs and specified intelligence centers, primarily at fleet commander headquarters
- Support design, installation, troubleshooting, and operations of MOC systems
- Provide end-to-end operability support for systems including ship-shore interoperability
Careers - we are hiring!
A few typical job examples:
- Afloat Network Engineer
- Network Engineer
- RF Engineer
- C2 Systems Admin
- CENTRIXs Support Engineer