- Equipment Maintenance, Repair and Services
- Facilities/Infrastructure Operations & Maintenance
- Warehouse Management and Distribution
- Transportation (Surface, Rail and Air)
- Full Lifecycle Network Management
- +54 more
Similar to our operations today, in Antarctica we provided a full range of facilities, technical and logistics support including air and sea logistics for more than 500,000 pounds of supplies for the South Pole Station and other sites in Antarctica.
Our overwinter crew (photo above) endured months of 24-hour darkness and temperatures of -100F as they made sure facilities and equipment remained operational. Winter personnel faced unique dangers and stress because the station was almost totally isolated from mid-February through late October.
In the first year of our 1980s contract, our tasks included construction of a power plant (above), dorms, a telescope complex and a clean room for a satellite tracking station. We also rebuilt a desalinization plant and a ship.